Watermelon isn’t just a sweet and delicious summer treat packed with Vitamin A and C, Potassium, Lycopene, Beta Carotene and Vitamins B1 & B6.
It’s also known to be the healthiest of all fruits due to its exceptionally high water content (90%). Studies show that a cleanse on watermelon alone can help you achieve a “house-cleaning” and rejuvenate the entire body.
If that’s not convincing enough, here are 10 more reasons to try a watermelon cleanse or at least add watermelon to your regular summer menu.
- Helps to maintain a healthy heart and regulate blood pressure
- Improves concentration and mental clarity
- Promotes weight loss and increase energy levels
- Boosts immune system to protect you against illness and infections
- Regulates hormones to diminish feelings of anxiety and depression
- Improves kidney function and helps to treat kidney stones and urinary tract infections
- Helps strengthen nails and revitalizes skin
- Helps to reduce water retention so you can avoid bloat
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis
- Aids in protection from breast and prostate cancer
Plus, it also acts as a diuretic to help cleanse the kidneys and decrease inflammation in the body. And an added benefit for men is that watermelon has been known to have a libido enhancing effect.